November 1, 2012

My Jersey Shore


Me and my dad - Seaside Heights Boardwalk (circa 1980)


Long before MTV showed up and the shore became synonymous with spray tans and fist pumping, there was the shore that I knew and loved, and love even more today in the aftermath of Sandy. Endless rounds of skeeball in Seaside Heights' Coin Castle, dodging the tram car on the Wildwood boardwalk, my first jobs at Fantasy Island and The Chicken or The Egg in Beach Haven, Fourth of July fireworks from the Barnegat docks- these memories and more make up "my Jersey Shore".

To everyone affected by this terrible tragedy- my thoughts, prayers and heart are with you. 

To anyone reading this who wants to support the area's recovery, please text the word "REDCROSS" to 90999 to donate $10 per text or pick up Jetty's Hurricane Sandy Relief T-Shirt here (pictured below).


Hurricane Sandy Relief T-Shirt by Jetty
Hurricane Sandy Relief T-Shirt by Jetty


No comments:

Post a Comment