March 18, 2013

Closing Time

Colonial-style home in Maine - More than a few dollars.
Spare keys for when you inevitablely lose the one from the realtor - $5 each.
Finally having the address on your driver's license and checks match - Priceless.



Since the inception of this blog, I've been hinting at (threatening?) that I'd be infusing a "dash of home style" in my posts. Well folks, the time has finally come for me to make good on that promise.

Almost three weeks ago, the Mr. and I signed on the dotted line and became proud owners of our very own slice of southern Maine. (Disclaimer: I had noble intentions of publishing this blog post the day of the signing, but I'm sure you can imagine that boxes and boxes of our belongings took precedence over my creative pursuits.) We are beyond thrilled and equally terrified to embark on the journey of home ownership, along with all of the inherent highs and lows that come with a mortgage. Though we're not truly "Property Virgins", our turn-key townhouse in San Diego hardly gave us much to cut our remodeling teeth on. 

As a self-proclaimed HGTV addict, I'm looking forward to flooding this blog with dramatic "before" and "after" shots of our new home. Granted, the drama will likely be limited to new paint colors and the addition of furniture (since we're upgrading in square footage, it will take a while to fill in the blanks). But I promise we'll try to pick out some pretty stellar paint colors to add to the excitement. Or maybe we'll just get a pet llama. Everyone likes llamas.

1 comment:

  1. It looks adorable - I definitely want to see more pictures! I too am an HGTV addict - I live off of this stuff :-) So excited for you guys and can't wait to visit!

    ReplyDelete