January 29, 2014

Cold Hearted :: Valentine's Day Party Snack Guide

 The Salty Hanger :: Valentine's Day Snack Guide

First, I'd like to apologize if it seems like I keep harping on the weather. I really don't mean to, but it's been seriously cramping my "Outfit Post" picture-taking style. Two failed sessions this weekend can be attributed to frigid temps and pesky wind gusts. Unless you're a Sports Illustrated Swimsuit model, complete with a small army of stylists on hand to primp you into perfection while a strategically-placed wind machine tousles your hair (and swimsuit top tassels) just so...you probably look something like this in the wind. Um, yeah - not so cute.

At least I have something indoors to look forward to this week. Shortly after moving into our new house, I was recruited to join the neighborhood Bunco league. Once a month the game is hosted at a rotating location. I'm happy to report that tomorrow night, I will be hosting for the very first time. The game transcends generations, as evidenced by one woman in my group who made the connection that her granddaughter's son was only one month older than my son - meaning I'm in a game night group with a woman who's GREAT GRANDSON is OLDER than my kid. 

If you know me personally or have visited my menagerie of Pinterest boards, you're also aware that I wish I could be like Martha and decorate the pants off of my house to perpetuate a "theme" for the festivities. Unfortunately- a full-time job, taking care of my family, and trying to squeeze in a last-minute yoga class- all are prioritized over making any difference in my preexisting decor.

So what's a party-hostess to do? May I present you with...Themed Food! Since Valentine's Day is just around the corner, I'll be exploiting the oft dreaded Hallmark Holiday with my party food, pictured below (or at least what I hope my concoctions will mildly resemble). Should my attempts fail miserably, I'll be hitting Target for some more Red, White and Pink M&Ms to save the day. And for more wine. 

Make that lots more wine...
The Salty Hanger :: Valentine's Day Snack Guide
Source

The Salty Hanger :: Valentine's Day Snack Guide
Source

The Salty Hanger :: Valentine's Day Snack Guide
Source

The Salty Hanger :: Valentine's Day Snack Guide
Source

2 comments:

  1. I love love love Valentines day and I love these cute ideas! Thanks for sharing!

    love from NYC,

    Taylor
    taylormorgandesign.blogspot.com
    Shop Taylor Morgan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Taylor! Have a Happy (snowy) Heart Day tomorrow :-)

      Cheers!
      -M

      Delete