January 8, 2014

Patched Up

The Salty Hanger :: Patched Up (J.Crew Elbow Patch Sweater)

While I am neither a history professor nor an English gentleman hunting grouse, I think elbow patches should be an essential wardrobe element for all future sweater and blazer purchases because, frankly, they are just plain rad. I mean - come on, how have all of my sweaters been missing this key detail until now? Thankfully I was able to rectify the situation during the pre-Christmas sale at J.Crew (shhhh - I know I wasn't supposed to shop for myself in December. My apologies to Santa. And to my husband - who may or may not have seen last month's credit card statement by now.)

I suppose I should also mention that my recent hiatus from blogging was caused by a laundry list of items
including, but not limited to:

-Planning my son's first birthday party in August (damn you, Martha Stewart and Pinterest)
-Lots and lots and lots of house guests (apparently Maine is a hot place to visit - who knew???)
-Training for (sort of) and completing (by some miracle of God) the 2013 New York City Marathon
-Hosting and cooking my very first Thanksgiving Dinner (which everyone escaped food-poisoning-free)
-Decorating for our first Christmas in our new house (damn you again, Martha and Pinterest)
-Sub-zero temperatures that have made me want to hide inside. While wearing sweatpants. Ugly ones.

So there you have it - elbow patches and a triumphant return to blogging, all packed into one tidy little post. 
You're welcome.

The Salty Hanger :: Patched Up (J.Crew Elbow Patch Sweater)

The Salty Hanger :: Patched Up (J.Crew Elbow Patch Sweater)

The Salty Hanger :: Patched Up (J.Crew Elbow Patch Sweater)

The Salty Hanger :: Patched Up (J.Crew Elbow Patch Sweater)

3 comments: