January 23, 2014

Totes McGotes

The Salty Hanger :: Totes McGotes


I have stuff. I also have a husband, a son and a dog - ergo, I have LOTS of stuff. I'm often designated as our family's sherpa when traveling from Point A to Point B. The best vehicle for transporting all of our stuff is to haul it in various sized bags with large, easy-to-grip handles (a.k.a. "totes" - I bet you can see where I'm going with this...).

Totes come in all shapes and sizes and patterns and materials - fancy, beachy, crunchy, manly, etc. Since I love the beach and I'd like to believe winter is a made-up thing (especially since it's the middle of January and I'm still in denial about the last foot of snow we got), I've decided that "beach bags" are perfect for lugging my stuff around in, regardless of whether or not some product copywriter tries to guilt me into only using said bag when temps are in the 80s.

For anyone else in the market for something to drag all of their own or their family's junk cherished belongings around town in, I've shared some of my favorite picks for summer-influenced bags. 

Oh, and in case you were wondering (I'm sure you were),
L.L.Bean Boat Totes also function as excellent non-sanctioned baby carriers...


6 comments:

  1. LOVE the Kate Spade tote!

    p.s. about the J.Crew coat - I'd say it runs just slightly big. I usually wear size 0 in J.Crew coats but the one you asked about is size 00 and it fits ok. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the sizing tip! Of course there's none in stock in my local store to try on, so this is super helpful. Happy Friday!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness. This post is so me. I'm obviously obsessed with every single one! Great picks! :)

    <3

    Kelly
    kellyinthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelly! I absolutely don't NEED another tote, but if the Easter bunny wanted to bring one of these full of candy, let's say...I'm sure I could find a home for it in our overstuffed closet ;-)

      Delete
  3. The boat tote pic is priceless! I know what you mean about hauling stuff though, we'll go away for a long weekend and we pile on the bags!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! My husband came up with the idea to carry our son in the tote and we had an awesome photographer who captured the moment perfectly :-)

      Delete