February 26, 2014

Kneedle Point

The Salty Hanger :: Kneedle Point #JCrew #BananaRepublic #Target #NineWest


It's getting to be a long winter, folks. REALLY LONG. But I'm sure I don't have to tell you that. In the Northeast, we had this random blip of early spring tease us this weekend and then *POOF* - back to the arctic tundra.

Let's talk about this skirt for a second, shall we? I bought it immediately post-pregnancy when I was excited to wear ANYTHING without an elastic waist. However, when I finally got around to editing these photos I realized the skirt is clearly too big now and makes me look like I have no knees. I swear I have knees. At least, I'm pretty sure I have knees...

It's amazing how eye-opening a photo can be in revealing how you really look. Especially when you don't have a proper mirror to consult in the morning and when your husband is one of those annoying people who leaves the house to work out before you've even had a chance to wipe the drool off your pillow. "How do I look, honey?" never gets asked unless it's a date night. 

We finally bought a full length mirror for our house shortly after these pictures were taken. I quickly realized that there was a strong chance I'd been cruising around town with other body parts unintentionally severed by ill-fitting apparel. Prior to the new mirror purchase, I'd find myself trying to catch a glimpse of an entire outfit by standing/jumping on the bed to access the dresser mirror, trying to hold one foot high enough to see my shoes + shirt combo in the bathroom mirror, or awkwardly peering into the reflection of a neighboring car while dropping my kid off at daycare (and often realizing too late that someone was still in the car, instantly escalating the situation to SUPER awkward). None of these were particularly efficient methods of viewing a head-to-toe outfit, but I was trying to be resourceful and clearly I'm no MacGyver. 
I mean, I don't even have a sweet mullet.

The Salty Hanger :: Kneedle Point #JCrew #BananaRepublic #Target #NineWest

The Salty Hanger :: Kneedle Point #JCrew #BananaRepublic #Target #NineWest


The Salty Hanger :: Kneedle Point #JCrew #BananaRepublic #Target #NineWest

10 comments:

  1. Just found your blog -- I love your energy and tone, so refreshing. Keep it up!

    xx
    allie

    www.allietozack.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even if I can't see your knees you are still adorable to me:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice outfit! Do you think the length is the problem or the waist?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, lady! The problem is the waist - it's too big so it doesn't sit where it's supposed to which is why it slips over my knees. It's not a bad hemline for some peeps, but it cuts in an unflattering spot on my legs when they're not hidden by boots. I personally prefer to wear skirts no longer than just above the knee. Hope this helps!

      Delete
  4. Below-the-knee is tricky, but I think you're pulling it off. :) I'm with you, winter is dragging on and on and on and on and I need it to be over too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel! I've realized that an unintentional side effect of this skirt being long is that there's less exposed skin in the freezing cold - ha!

      Delete
  5. I really LOVE the skirt! I think you look gorgeous! But yes--the weather needs to STOP :)

    xx
    Kelly
    kellyinthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Aww, thanks Kelly! Fingers crossed you guys don't get hit as hard as they've been forecasting with this storm :-(

      Delete