February 12, 2014

Llama Beans

The Salty Hanger :: Llama Beans (L.L.Bean Boots and J.Crew)
 

Adding the iconic L.L.Bean Boot to your footwear collection is an essential step in becoming a full-fledged resident of the Pine Tree State. The Maine DMV won't even issue you a driver's license until you successfully navigate an ice-slicked stretch of parking lot while wearing mud-covered Bean Boots. True story. 

To ensure I was properly admitted as an official resident, my husband surprised me with my very first pair of Bean Boots within 4 days of moving to the east coast (the L.L.Bean Signature Waxed-Canvas Maine Hunting Shoe, Shearling-Lined 10", to be exact). Thankfully we relocated just before Christmas or I would've been walking around with some seriously cold and soggy feet last winter.

It was inevitable that once one pair had made its way onto my shoe rack, they'd eventually multiply. A few weeks ago, I popped into to the L.L.Bean Outlet on my lunch break and walked out with my second pair of Bean Boots (I might have also made a small detour into Dairy Queen for a Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard - don't judge). That same evening, I headed down to J.Crew to have a repair made on a sweater and was predictably sucked into the sale section while I waited for the store associate to finish with another customer.  Perusing the rack, I spotted a certain critter sweater that I'd passed over a number of times trying to adhere to a "gift-giving purchases only" policy during the holiday season. But at 50% off of the sale price, it was definitely coming home with me this time.

The creative wheels started turning as soon as I got back to the car. I decided to pair the sweater with my new Bean Boots and came up with the perfect title for the post. I was so excited to share my news with the hubs that I had barely pulled the sweater out of the bag before I was explaining how the boots and sweater would go together for "Llama...wait for it........Beans. Llama Beans!!!"

I stood there basking in the triumphant glow of my superior punnery while waiting for my husband to shower me with praise about how clever and witty I was. He obliged by muttering "Ahh - that's so cute, honey" as he proceeded to stir the pasta he was boiling. Of course, we all know what he really meant to say was that I should totally win a Pulitzer Prize for Best Blog Post Title Ever. That whole "basking in the glow of my own brilliance" thing lasted precisely 45 minutes, at which point I bombed the final Jeopardy question during my regular weeknight smack-down with the hubby. Leave it to good 'ole Alex to snap me back to reality. Touché, Mr. Trebek.

The Salty Hanger :: Llama Beans (L.L.Bean Boots and J.Crew)

The Salty Hanger :: Llama Beans (L.L.Bean Boots and J.Crew)

The Salty Hanger :: Llama Beans (L.L.Bean Boots and J.Crew)

The Salty Hanger :: Llama Beans (L.L.Bean Boots and J.Crew)

The Salty Hanger :: Llama Beans (L.L.Bean Boots and J.Crew)

The Salty Hanger :: Llama Beans (L.L.Bean Boots and J.Crew)

4 comments:

  1. Love your look! I can totally relate about the Bean Boots. I have the mocs and quickly graduated to the 6". I love them! Maine is so beautiful. Hope you aren't getting hit too hard with the snowstorm!

    Heather
    www.disposableincomegirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather! We have more snow in the forecast for tomorrow, and then a heat wave on Friday (40+ degrees). Time to break out the bikini, haha!

      Delete