February 21, 2014

Summertime Blues

The Salty Hanger :: Summertime Blues #LillyPulitzer #Patagonia #J.Crew #ToryBurch #RadiantOrchid


I have a terrible poker face. Though I've effectively softened my sometimes opinionated comments over the years, my facial expressions remain my biggest tell. I'm not that friend you call when you need someone to parrot back whatever you're saying, no matter how irrational you are ("oh yeah- you totally NEED that pair of 5-inch heels to explore the snow-covered streets of Aspen...it would be completely irresponsible of you NOT to buy them..."). Even if I can muster up a convincing lie quickly enough, my emotions light up my face brighter than a Broadway marquee and I'm immediately outed. However, if you're in need of a friend to help edit down the mound of "treasures" you picked up while shopping in a retail-therapy induced haze, definitely call me.

The Salty Hanger :: Summertime Blues #HunterBoots #Patagonia #J.Crew #ToryBurch #RadiantOrchid

And in case anyone was unsure of how I felt about this winter, a special thank you to my husband for finding the perfect sweater to communicate my true feelings. It's a refreshing alternative to sporting an unflattering facial expression that, in these harsh winter temps, would actually run the risk of "freezing that way" - just like mom warned us.

The Salty Hanger :: Summertime Blues #HunterBoots #Patagonia #J.Crew #ToryBurch #LillyPulitzer

The Salty Hanger :: Summertime Blues #Patagonia #J.Crew #ToryBurch #LillyPulitzer

Squirrel!!!
The Salty Hanger :: Summertime Blues #HunterBoots #Patagonia #J.Crew #ToryBurch #LillyPulitzer #RadiantOrchid

No comments:

Post a Comment