March 26, 2014

Pocket Change

tweed dress + oxford shirt // The Salty Hanger


I'm not gonna lie, pockets on a dress increase the likelihood I'll purchase it by about a thousand percent. I did a quick closet inventory yesterday and most of the dresses I've bought in the past two years have been with a certain sale-clinching detail included. Retailers clearly have gotten the memo that I, and likely many others, have become addicted.

I think this obsession can be traced back to the days when pockets were an omnipresent vessel for carrying rocks, gum and my favorite Garbage Pail Kids cards. My love was further reinforced in college when I needed someplace to stash my room key and the $5 admission fee to whatever party we were headed to. Don't forget - I was a student back in the stone ages before crossbody bags were having a moment and the Spice Girls still ruled the airwaves. The late nineties really were a dark time. 

tweed dress + oxford shirt // The Salty Hanger

tweed dress + oxford shirt // The Salty Hanger

tweed dress + oxford shirt // The Salty Hanger

tweed dress + oxford shirt // The Salty Hanger

tweed dress + oxford shirt // The Salty Hanger

6 comments:

  1. Very preppy and with a splash of my favorite color pink. Very cute

    Xo
    Camille
    Guilty of Glitz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Camille! Hopefully the weather warms up soon so I can bust out the rest of my pink wardrobe ;-)

      -M

      Delete
  2. Love the texture of your dress! So chic!

    xo Jen
    Skirt The Rules

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen! It's actually really comfortable, too. The tweed is soft in person, too (I hate itchy stuff!).
      -M

      Delete
  3. So CUTE! I love the idea of layering a dress over an oxford! And I 100% will also buy a dress because of its pockets :)
    xx, Emily
    shell chic'd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - glad I'm not the only pocket-weak shopper around here :-)
      -M

      Delete