March 19, 2014

Lucky Stripe

 The Salty Hanger :: Lucky Stripe (jean jacket + striped dress + Kate Spade)


St. Patty's Day was on Monday and now that I've had my annual fill of slow-cooked corned beef, I'm even more anxious for spring (especially with the "official" first day coming up tomorrow). I'm cautiously optimistic that Mother Nature will get her act together and finally reward us Mainers some warmer temps. This brings me to my next seasonal challenge - Mud Season. To illustrate how grossly unprepared I'd been for this sloppy, springtime phenomena last year, I've provided a handy-dandy little list below. These rain/snowfall averages explain how much wet stuff I was used to getting in a year while living on the West Coast, compared to my current homeland in the Northeast:

Annual Precipitation Averages
San Diego -12 inches
Las Vegas - 4.2 inches
Portland, ME - 47.3 inches!!!???

As you can see, the nearly THREE FEET additional annual precipitation necessitated the immediate acquisition of my cherished Hunter Wellies. In just over a year since they joined my closet, they've saved me from countless flooded parking lots, slush-filled sidewalks and pothole laden dog walking routes.

As I was saying, I'm putting my faith in MoNat (we're pretty tight, Mother Nature told me she digs nicknames). I'm keeping my Hunters close by in hopes she'll be melting these mounds of white stuff starting tomorrow.
If that doesn't work, I'm moving to Florida.

The Salty Hanger :: Lucky Stripe (jean jacket + striped dress + Kate Spade)

The Salty Hanger :: Lucky Stripe (jean jacket + striped dress + Hunter Boots)

The Salty Hanger :: Lucky Stripe (jean jacket + striped dress + Hunter Boots)

The Salty Hanger :: Lucky Stripe (jean jacket + striped dress + Hunter Boots)

7 comments:

  1. WOW Michelle seeing you wearing your Wellingtons makes me very happy you look really adorable, I had my Wellingtons on today It would have been lovely if we had met.
    Wellingtons
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bag is so darn cute totally in love with it. Your definately channeling spring.

    xo
    Camille
    Guilty of Glitz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Camille! It's durable, too. I can't tell you how many types of food/drink smears it's survived ;-)

      Delete
  3. Very cute look! And your dog is too darn cute!! I love the Hunter Boots, I've been wanting so for a while now! You make me want them more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! If you do get a pair, check out LL Bean's website for their shearling insoles. They've winterized my Hunters so I can wear them year-round without frozen feet!

      Delete