April 17, 2014

Alexandria Amore

Green Printed Top + White Skinny Jeans // The Salty Hanger


This past weekend, I answered the call of bridesmaid duty for one of my best friends. The wedding was at the Lorien Hotel & Spa, a Kimpton Hotel in downtown Alexandria, VA. We shipped the nugget off to my cousin's house in Maryland while the hubs and I ate, drank and boogied the night away. Driving back up to retrieve the little man was a bit rough the next morning, but it was worth it to spend a few hours in Old Town as a family before we had to hop a flight back to a chilly 44 degrees in Maine (we left behind 84 degrees in Virginia - ugh).

Though I didn't have time to pick up 'Virginia is for Lovers' bumper stickers for all my friends, I did manage to bring back a few pointers for any of you bridesmaids-to-be...

1. If the bride is feeling a bit anxious when the wedding coordinator first tries to usher her out to begin the ceremony, DO NOT play "What Does the Fox Say" to calm her down (this video usually takes my son down to a level 5 on the freak-out scale, but apparently the same strategy is not applicable to prenuptial jitters).

2. If the ceremony is being held outdoors in a region where insects have been hibernating for the past few months, "bee" prepared for some kamikaze buzzing around your flowers and try to keep it together better than I did (I'm 99% certain that several pictures of the beautiful couple will feature me in the background swatting at the uninvited pest, likely with my face contorted in terror).

3. If the dance floor at the reception is looking a little empty just remember - 
Journey's Don't Stop Believin' is ALWAYS a good idea.

Green Printed Top + White Skinny Jeans // The Salty Hanger

Green Printed Top + White Skinny Jeans // The Salty Hanger

Green Printed Top + White Skinny Jeans // The Salty Hanger

Mom + Son Style // The Salty Hanger

Dad + Son Style // The Salty Hanger

Little Man Style // The Salty Hanger

Congratulations, "Mrs. K."!!!!
Blush Bridal Party // The Salty Hanger

8 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great weekend! Too bad you had to leave that to come back to snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That storm last week was completely unnecessary - c'mon, Mother Nature!? At least she handed us some beautiful weather for Easter weekend. Hope you had a good one!

      Cheers!
      -M

      Delete
  2. Loving the blog, friend! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, E! And please toss some of the Vegas heat out my way, k?

      Delete
  3. You look so pretty Michelle!!!! Love that bridesmaids dress and whenever you want you can box up those Tory burch flats and send them my way lol

    Xo
    Camille
    Guilty of Glitz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Camille! And I'm glad you like the shoes because they'll likely be in heavy rotation on the blog this season ;-)

      Delete
  4. This top is beautiful and I love the color of the wall you took pictures against!

    xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelly! Alexandria is such a great city and that wall was an awesome find!

      Delete