April 11, 2014

Blue Oxfords

 Blue Oxford Shirt + Polka Dot Oxford Shoes // The Salty Hanger


Q: How do you know winter has officially kicked the bucket in Maine?
A: You start searching the web for a "No Vacancy" sign to hang outside of your house.

And so it begins. "House Guest Season" is in full swing at our humble abode. Our spare bedrooms have been booked and sometimes double-booked for the past three weeks. We're headed to a wedding this weekend, but our next crop of visitors are already locked in for Easter. This will bring the visitor tally up to 4 out of the past 5 weekends (unless you count our friend staying at our house this weekend while we're away, then we're really 5 for 5).

Just to be clear - I LOVE having all of our friends and family stay with us. However, in my excitement to play tour guide, I often neglect the little maintenance things I should be doing around our house like dusting, mopping, watching DVR'd episodes of The Vampire Diaries... 

I'm also bad at keeping up with any personal care activities that take more than 50 seconds (besides regular showers, I promise those are still happening). Since sandal season is allegedly going to be here in a hot minute, and since I'll be donning open-toed shoes at my friend's wedding this weekend, I actually made time for myself to get a pedicure last night. For 30-45 delightful minutes, I cranked up the massaging chair, immersed myself in a trashy magazine and patiently wait for my assigned nail tech to turn my toes into tiny works of art.

Unfortunately, it had dropped into the 40's by the time I emerged from the salon. As soon as the polish hardened, I reached for the nearest pair of warm socks and stepped into my favorite slippers

It's supposed to be in the 70's where we're headed tonight and I've optimistically packed a pair of flip flops. Mark my words - this weekend, the piggies will be set free.

Blue Oxford Shirt + Polka Dot Oxford Shoes // The Salty Hanger

Eastland Sadie Oxfords // The Salty Hanger

Eastland Sadie Oxfords // The Salty Hanger

Golden Retriever + Blue Oxford Shirt // The Salty Hanger

Eastland Sadie Oxfords // The Salty Hanger

Blue Oxford Shirt + Polka Dot Oxford Shoes // The Salty Hanger

Blue Oxford Shirt + Skinny Jeans // The Salty Hanger


6 comments:

  1. Hey buddy ole pal how bout poppling those shoes and that necklace in the mail and helping a gal out lol. Seriously though Love this these may be the cutest pair of oxfords I've seen in awhile.

    xo
    Camille
    Guilty of Glitz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha - I'll pass on your accessory wishlist to the Easter Bunny when we see him this weekend. Maybe he'll bring a basket of treats down for you ;-)

      -M

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather! I think I could use a Yankees hat to complete the outfit, don't you think?
      -M ;-)

      Delete