July 16, 2014

Great Lengths

 LOFT Striped Maxi Dress + Pink Scarf // The Salty Hanger

LOFT Keyhole Maxi Dress // Scarf (old - similar here) // Jack Rogers Georgica Jelly Sandals // MARC BY MARC JACOBS Miss Marc Enamel Bangle Bracelet (old - similar here) // Pearl Stud Earrings // Gucci Sunglasses (old - similar here)

I own a grand total of 4 maxi dresses:
  1. A maternity dress that is currently balled up inside a plastic bin, banished to a far corner of our basement. 
  2. A faded, soon-to-be purged number that I bought at Hollister over 5 years ago. I was still in my twenties and thought I could get away with wearing something from a decidedly "juniors" focused retailer. Now the little seagull emblem on the dress stares back like it's saying, "Just, no." 
  3. A strapless dress printed with a gorgeous collection of bright colors. I loved it until a previous co-worker asked me if Mrs. Roper was my fashion inspiration. I still haven't mustered up the courage to work that one back into rotation.
The fourth and final dress is also my newest. After a long and arduous hunt (because we all know that shopping is more work than say, climbing Mt. Everest), I finally found my perfect maxi. For a while, I kind of felt like Goldilocks. "This one's too clingy. This one's too short. This one is see-though." And then finally - "This one is juuust right!" It's super soft, the empire waist allows the bottom half to skim over any jiggly bits AND it has stripes (#ForTheWin).

I also love that this dress is perfect for looking pulled together during any of life's unplanned moments. Like chasing your toddler up your neighbor's driveway. While he's only wearing a diaper. And waving the American flag he pulled out of a planter. And screaming "Nooooo!!!!!" at the top of his little lungs. But because of this dress, I looked pretty classy while in hot pursuit.

LOFT Striped Maxi Dress + Pink Scarf // The Salty Hanger

LOFT Striped Maxi Dress + Pink Scarf // The Salty Hanger

LOFT Striped Maxi Dress + Jack Rogers Georgica // The Salty Hanger

Linking Up With: Summer Style

5 comments:

  1. Maxi dresses are my big go to outfit in the summer. They work really well for chasing down my daughter (who is only 1 1/2 old). Skirts are not a good option for me anymore...maybe when she gets a little older and I don't have to bend down as much. haha! Love that you added the scarf for a pop of color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You also run the risk of tiny humans tugging your skirt a little too hard and pulling it all the way down if it's a comfy one with an elastic waist, eek! :-)

      Delete
  2. I love this dress and maxi dresses too, I also have four. Love your photo bomber here too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely the perfect maxi! Love the clean lines and the mini hi-low hem. Great find!

    xo Jen
    Skirt The Rules

    ReplyDelete