July 24, 2014

Shady Lady

Navy Peplum Top + Navy Striped Shorts // The Salty Hanger


If you scroll through previous posts, you'll notice that I'm wearing sunglasses in about 95% of my outfit pics. This omnipresent accessory is an essential wardrobe element for a quite a few practical reasons. Of course, the most important reason is that sunnies mask the ginormous puffy bags under my eyes that are caused by keeping a tiny human alive and happy.

On to this week's post...I was without my sunglasses security blanket in these photos because *GASP* I was well-rested. We were in Florida last weekend for my mother-in-law's 60th Birthday Bash. During our visit, my son took full advantage of having a pool in the backyard and was consequently wiped out by the end of each day. It was our first trip with this kid that we did not want to stab our eyes out after enduring multiple sleepless nights. It was glorious to have 4 consecutive nights of real sleep AND Grammy coverage for early morning wake-ups.

If you're missing the sunglasses, don't worry. They should be back for the next post. We're home now which means the under-eye bags have returned in all their glory. Perhaps I should consider them a badge of honor that should be worn with pride, marking me among the ranks of sleep-deprived parents everywhere. But probably not.

Navy Peplum Top + Navy Striped Shorts // The Salty Hanger

Navy Peplum Top + Navy Striped Shorts // The Salty Hanger

 Navy Peplum Top + Navy Striped Shorts // The Salty Hanger

Navy Peplum Top + Navy Striped Shorts // The Salty Hanger

9 comments:

  1. I love the eggshell blue with the navy - it's such a great color combo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's definitely A LOT of this color combo lurking in my closet ;-)

      Delete
  2. Hi Michelle! I'm so glad I stumbled across your blog! I really love this outfit...so so cute. The striped shorts are darling too:-) You are a beauty! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always forget to add my URL. I'm a new blogger...go figure!
      www.onestylishmom.com

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind words, Shannon! :-)

      Delete
  3. I LOVE the navy and mint together! so cute!! And I have to confess that I wear sunglasses to hide the dark circles under my eyes too! lol! Sometimes when my little one lets me sleep a little longer, I don't hide behind them. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you understand my pain, Julie! Cucumbers, cold spoons and fancy eye creams do NOTHING!!! I just wish I could wear my sunglasses in the office without getting side eye from my co-workers ;-)

      Delete
  4. Nothing like a pair of sunnies to hide anything and everything! ;) You should show your pretty face more often!

    xo Jen
    Skirt The Rules

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen! You're too sweet :-)

      And I'll work on going sunnie-less more often, haha!

      Delete