August 21, 2015

Travel // Las Vegas, NV


Ahh, August in Vegas. It's that special time of year when even the tiniest of breezes feels like a hair dryer is being blasted in your face. But more importantly, it's show season for the apparel industry.

This past week was a blur of trade show booths, steakhouses and Starbucks kiosks. Eastland exhibits at both FN Platform and Capsule, so I put in some miles bopping between locations. Every time I cruised past a booth with 4" stilettos, I further appreciated my gig with a comfort casual footwear company.

For this season's trip, I stayed at The Linq - a "new" hotel on the strip (it was the Imperial Palace in its former life). I was a little leery of the accommodations after a cursory glance at the TripAdvisor reviews. The reasonable room rates seemed to scream "Bed Bugs!", but I was pleasantly surprised by just how nice the hotel actually was. I'm also happy to report that there were no signs of bugs of any kind and I'd definitely stay there again.


There was also a snazzy full length mirror in my room that begged for mirror selfies. Each morning I documented that day's OOTD as I headed out the door. Thankfully I have a pretty failproof formula for trade show style:

Step 1: No tight waistbands. There's a group dinner each night and I need room for food. (lots and lots of it)
Step 2: A pair of my favorite Eastlands. (obvi)
Step 3: My trusty Transport tote. It's even more of a bottomless pit than my stomach. (almost)

Kate Spade iPhone Case // The Salty Hanger


J.Crew Yellow Dress // The Salty Hanger


Loft Striped Dress + Madewell Transport Tote // The Salty Hanger


Lilly Pulitzer Marigold Skort // The Salty Hanger


No comments:

Post a Comment