August 30, 2017

FAMILY // A Batman Birthday Party

I have officially handed over the party theme reigns (for at least one tiny human). A certain 5-year-old very firmly insisted on a Batman birthday party this year, the first time he requested a theme outright. Resistance was futile, so I immediately fired up Google for guidance.

I usually try to incorporate things we already own into party decor instead of just buying a bunch of stuff that isn't reusable. However, I was fresh out of bat-emblazoned items so I had to get a little creative this year (with the help of Pinterest, Etsy, Party City and Oriental Trading Company - my party-planning saviors). I also sent out the bat-signal to call in our favorite party entertainment folks from Party Palooga.

H wore his Batman costume from Halloween, excitedly explaining that his guests would "be so surprised that the REAL Batman is at MY house, and they're never going to know it's me!". I think at some point he did reveal his identity, but his friends didn't seem any less amazed that the birthday boy was lurking under the mask instead of Bruce Wayne.

//Sources//

Skyscraper cupcake stand - Oriental Trading
Superhero table cover - Oriental Trading
Batman piƱata - Party City
Cupcake toppers - Etsy
Batman t-shirts - Target

No comments:

Post a Comment